Press Release: Pesticide Safety Certification Fees Increasing November 1, 2022
RIDGETOWN, ON (October 13, 2022)
Ontario farmers and vendors who need to become certified in pesticide safety have paid the same certification fee since 2008. To maintain the sustainability of the Ontario Pesticide Education Program which offers certification courses, the OPEP Steering Committee has approved nominal fee increases. Effective November 1, 2022, the following fees will apply:
Grower Pesticide Safety Course: $135
Pesticide Vendor Certification Course: $235
On-Farm Instructor Course: $75
Farmer Assistant training: $30.
Choose a certification option below.
- Course: An instructor teaches a course that includes an open-book test.
- Course - Separate Exam: If the date-town in the list below states "course" "separate exam", this means that we are offering two options on that date: 1) a course that includes the test, or 2) a test only writing time, no instruction. When registering, please indicate your choice.
- Refresh and Write: Refresh & Write courses are half a day where you study on your own and come prepared for a short review before writing the test. Everyone is welcome, even a person certifying for the first time.
- Online: A course offered through website access with a login and password. Please see our demonstration video of the online course.
Sort the table to narrow your search by location ("online" or by county) and course type (Farmer = GPSC, Vendor = PVCC or On-Farm Instructor), then click "Update Display".
If your county/region is not listed, there are currently no offerings for your area. Select a neighbouring county/region.
Our in-person courses and test writing sessions have the following safety measures:
1) physical distancing of 2 m (6 ft)
2) bring your own food/refreshments
3) face masks are optional
If you have questions, call us at 1-800-652-8573.
Refresh and Write
Refresh and Write